1. What is the recommended set amount for hard and soft wood?
Band saw blade set amount is usually chosen according to the width and thickness of the blade, the type and state (green, dry, frozen) of the processed wood.
2. What blade material should I choose for hard/soft wood cutting?
The material of the band saw blade does not depend on the timber to be cut. The factors influencing the maximal cutting output of a blade are the characteristics of the teeth (shape, pitch, height, set amount, sharpening angle), the state of the equipment and the proper operating of the machinery according to specific instructions.
3. Which are the differences (advantages, disadvantages) between set, swaged and stellited band saw blades?
Disadvantages of a stellited band saw blade:
In terms of performance swaged saw blades are medium, their output ranging between stellited and spring set blades:
Compared to stellited blades swaged blades have several disadvantages, being less performant. The required number of swaged blades per one year is higher.
4. What profiles of band saw blades for cutting logs can be ordered?
The final profile of the blade is primarily determined by the characteristics of the sharpening machine, the profiles that can be operated on the equipment. For stellited and swaged blades PV or PCP profiles are recommended. For spring set blades it is recommended to use NU, NV, or PV profiles combined with a reduced tooth height (compared to stellited blades).
Please contact us for more details!
5. What blade width should I choose on cutting machines?
Blade width is determined by the machine being calculated with the following formula:
Width = fly-wheel width + tooth height (8, 10, 13 mm) + 5 mm
What blade thickness should I choose?
The fly-wheel thickness must not exceed 1/1000 from the fly-wheel diameter for fly-wheels with thicknesses up to 1400 mm and 1/1200 from the fly-wheel diameter for fly-wheels with higher thicknesses.
6. What are the causes of cracks forming on tooth bases of band saw blades?
The main causes are the following:
7. What would you recommend for winter cutting?
For efficient winter cuttings we recommend:
8. Why does my band saw blade cut in waves?
Cutting in waves may be caused by many factors, such as:
Adresse: 440122 Satu Mare, Aurel Vlaicu Straße nr. 102-106, Satu Mare Grafschaft, Romania